Friday, December 04, 2009

12.04.2009, ftw

had a skull splitting migraine again last night. this has been going on for about a week now, but this was the best one yet. will see if i can get an afternoon appointment at the doc's today, but i'll go to work first, since we're expecting a huge warehouse order this morning. also contemplating using fish oil, magnesium, and feverfew to combat this. and maybe cutting out the red wine.

last night at work, i was stocking candles or something when a lady told me i looked like a physicist. (do physicists stock candles?) i told her that perhaps it was because my father was one. she asked if he was "the famous one that's on tv that looks like you." i told her probably not. i wonder what my dad would have thought of that exchange. "son...people are fahhhking idiots."

it's not on their calendar yet, but HIO has a tentative booking for 1919 hemphill on saturday, december 19th. lineup will include sarah alexander and michael briggs in addition to terry, hickey, marcus, possibly hembree, and yr humble chronicler o' events. all their shows start at 7pm and cost $5.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grubbermeister said...

That was pretty dumb on her part, but my guess is that she was "thinking" of physicist Dr. Michio Kaku.

9:25 AM  
Blogger stashdauber said...

If so, that lady's nuts! Reminds me of the episode of Margaret Cho's TV show where she took her Korean grandmother to Hollywood and any time a whiteguy walked by, she'd say, "Dennis Hopper! Dennis Hopper!"

4:20 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I've never had a migraine (knock on wood), but I remember my mom having them when I was little. She'd be laying in her bed in the dark, with a can of cold Diet Pepsi pressed to her forehead. So, I can only imagine but sympathize nonetheless.

...And I can't help but laugh at, and agree with, your Dad's comment.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Grubbermeister said...

It also made me think of something similar from an episode of "Family Guy" when the Griffins were in Asiatown.

Peter: Oh my God it's Jackie Chan! (Asian guy walks away)

Peter (to next Asian guy): Oh my God it's Jackie Chan! (Asian guy again walks away)

Peter (to another Asian guy): Oh my God it's Jackie Chan!

Jackie Chan: Great to see I have a fan! Oh my God it's Ethan Hawk!

Peter: No I'm not.

Jackie Chan to Chris: Oh my God it's Ethan Hawk!

Chris: Nope.

Jackie Chan to Meg: Oh my God it's Malcom in Middle!

Meg: Im not a boy!

Jackie Chan (angrily): Yes you are!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home