Friday, November 13, 2009

11.13.2009, ftw

for the past week i've been listening over and over to two records, one because it reminds me of my youngest daughter, the other because it reminds me of my dad. it's like i've been picking at a scab. i even asked my sister to hold onto "dad's important papers" for me -- not all the undated drafts of his paper, which are incomprehensible to me, but the ones that (belatedly) gave me a better understanding of him.

gotta get out of the house today. walk to doc's, or go get lunch with the italian kid. need to see how my leg holds up to it, since i was too enfeebled to hobble to the art show a week ago. pick up some 9Vs for my pedals. enjoy the nice weather.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

What a perfect way to describe it- like picking at a scab. I've been doing the same thing with the "Once" soundtrack in my car's CD changer for the past week or 2. It pulls at my heartstrings wicked hard, but I like it.

I hope your leg feels better soon!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Grubbermeister said...

Definitely a good day to exit the cave. Good luck!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home