Monday, April 06, 2009

the fairmount's in trouble

the fairmount sends:

Friends of The Fairmount-

We need your and all musicians help. JR and I are running out of time and money to keep the doors of The Fairmount open. WE HAVE UNTIL THURSDAY - 4/09/2009- of this week to come up with the needed funds for taxes, insurance and a 2 year TABC license. We had been in negotiations with an investor who died last week-the day before we were to get the needed cash. The agreement had not yet been finalized, so our financial help did not come through.


I am asking all available musicians to come to the bar this week, Mon, Tues, Wed and help us raise the needed funds. I know that if we can raise $11,000.00 on a Sunday afternoon for a friend's medical expenses, we can raise that for the our place so we can continue to provide a venue for the best live music in Texas, a place for benefits for our friend's needs and a place for new musicians to get their voices and songs heard.


I don't have phone numbers or personal email addresses of all the people that have played here and enjoyed the experience. If you can either forward this or give me the information, I will put out the call for help.


I know this is short notice. And I don't know who will be in the area to help. We are not used to asking for assistance, but pride cannot stand in the way of keeping this venue alive. I think it means too much to too many outstanding musicians and music listeners to just go out of business without a fight.


I am very proud of what JR and I have accomplished in a year's time. We could not have done it without the support of the music community. And we are aware that we cannot keep going without their help.


Please forward this to all your contacts.


Please call me with any ideas, artists willing and able to help or an investor that believes in what we are doing here.


Most sincere gratitude to you all,
Sally & J.R.


booking@thefairmountlive.com
817.420.9455

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home