Sunday, April 05, 2009

st. kurt

cobain checked out 15 yrs ago today. i remember reading an int with him in details where he enthused about dozens of punk bands he dug and talked about getting his ass kicked by rednecks back in olympia while tripping on acid. his suicide made me angry because my kids really believed in him. i guess fame and wealth aren't enough to fill the hole in evabody's heart. the other night at stoogeprac, ray (who was there) had the vid of nirvana's '91 show at trees on the dvd player. it was the show where he got in the fight with the bouncer. (here's liles' recollection of that night.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I was exactly the right age for the grunge movement, but I always hated Nirvana. Grindy, gravely, untalented whimpering... to my ears. But then, I was a big nerd, and at that point was listening mostly to They Might Be Giants and watching a lot of british comedies and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home