Wednesday, October 25, 2006

breathing in 2

tonight i made pancakes for dinner
can't remember the last time i did that
tomorrow i'll go turn in my laptop and office key
my battery died last night and i concluded
that it was a sign from the universe
that i'm not supposed to work there anymore
and one ignores messages from the universe
at their own peril

i'm reading a book called your money or your life
it's about changing your relationship with money
so you can live a more sustainable life
it was a gift to my sweetie from her li'l sis
who also gave me a book about families
called the shelter of each other
(she's a book-giver)
i'm reading this new one with great interest

we're already pretty frugal, my sweetie 'n' i
but i think we can become even more so
(my beer of choice just went from shiner to lone star etc.)
i've been talking a lot about attaining moderation
and balance in life while all the while
my life was becoming more immoderate and unbalanced
(no more whiskey for me, kids -- DEVIL JUICE)
feh

i miss playing at the jam with lee allen
i haven't in two months (since the first night okay james played)
it's hard to believe i did that every week for over a year
it all seems very distant to me now
tomorrow i'll spend a large part of the day preparing
"like a gladiola for the arena" (as senor pablo says)
for the stoogeshow, which will mainly consist of
checking my pedals and sleeping a lot

this friday marks three years since
the night i met my sweetie
standing at the black dog bar with my beer
not doing anything in particular
since then, my life has gotten a whole lot better
and my overarching intention now
is to let it continue to be so
for as long as is humanly possible

so there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home