Saturday, October 22, 2005

my father's eyes

saw a photograph of myself the other day
and was surprised to discover
i have my father's eyes.
he and i don't see eye to eye on a lot of things
but when you add it all up, what matters is
he brought me here and did the best he could
to get me to where i could be happy and secure,
which i suppose is the best that anybody ever does.

i went to the doctor the other day and was told
i have the body of a 52 yr old man
which got my attention cos i'm "only" 48.
not as big of a deal as seeing a 30 yr old
with the body of a 60 yr old
(like i usedta tell my kids, there are no old speedfreaks,
just speedfreaks that look that they're old),
but i guess it just goes to show
that there was a cost associated with all those yrs
of bad food, not enough sleep, not enough exercise,
too many smokes, too much liquor, too much worry.
too much.

at the end of the day, i guess
you become who you become, regardless of
what you might have intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home