Wednesday, April 28, 2021

FTW, 4.28.2021

 

Getting back into a practice routine, playing stuff I can loop and blow lead over: "It's About That Time" (inspahrd by hearing Bill Pohl play it in his solo set at the Grackle), "Dark Star," "Marquee Moon," the "Sweet Jane" intro from Rock and Roll Animal. Of course, after six months of Beefheart practice, I sound exactly the same as always if you put me behind a fuzz and wah. 

May have inadvertently discovered the source of the "reverb" I've been hearing from the Silvertone with the selector in the between-pickups position, particularly high on the neck, even though I'm running it dry. While practicing "Marquee Moon," I noticed ringing harmonics that occurred on certain notes in the line. Tried playing the same thing on my beater acoustic; no harmonics. I'm convinced it's the wooden bridge that's causing this effect. Want to experiment with this more when I'm plugged in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home