Wednesday, March 17, 2021

FTW, 3.17.2021

The dumb hate in the
eyes of the angry white man
who pulled the trigger.

Need to get out of the information bath for a bit.

Something different for a change: I learned this Fred "Sonic" Smith solo because Sam Damask, the only person I know locally who loves Sonic's Rendezvous Band as much as I do, expressed an interest in transcribing it. It's pretty much straight blues-rock pentatonics (using both the flat and natural 5th) until he throws in a sneaky 9th that changes the whole character of the solo at around the :31 point.

While I was blowing rockaroll lead, I thought I'd re-attack Winged Eel Fingerling's solo from "Alice In Blunderland" to see how it felt with the .013-.056s. Had to modify slightly (can't do double stop bends with the G on these bridge cables) but it felt pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home