Sunday, July 03, 2011

7.3.2011, FTW

Hickey's been under the weather, but still managed to post new music from his Joe and the Sonic Dirt From Madagascar work-in-progress.


He said there's a track on his upcoming Phil Ford collaboration that he wants me to add Bitches Brew-style wankage to. I'm sort of forgetting how to play the guitar right now -- concentrating on running, reading Manning Marable's Malcolm X: Life of Reinvention, and watching Kurosawa flicks from the box set my sweetie got me for my b-day -- but I'll remember in time for Stooge prac on 7.25, when we'll undoubtedly be essaying "Jet Boy," "Ain't It Fun," and "Raw Power" (at the very least). Next Stooge gig is 8.27 at the Wild Rooster. HIO plays 7.30 at Doc's Records and 8.12 thru 8.14 in Houston with Sarah Gamblin for the Fringe Festival there.

Apropos of nothing, I most definitely do not want to join another band, but if I did, it'd be Drift Era. Just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home