Thursday, December 09, 2010

12.9.2010, FTW

Waiting for the phone man to come, I plugged in Mr. Amp and dicked around with the preamp tubes some more. While the rattling was gone even at volume when Marlin replaced a couple of 'em and played his SG through the amp at the prac pad, it was still present when I plugged in the Epi. Curious, but I'm thinking it has to do with the different harmonic characteristics of our respective axes. I'm woefully ign'ant about this stuff, considering how long I've been playing, so I looked online for a dummy-level explanation and some info about the specific tubes I need. Looking online, it seems like they only run about $10 apiece, but the writer also recommends replacing all at once to maximize lifespan, so that's a quick $80. Feh. Time to do some comparison shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home