Monday, December 07, 2009

black cracker online: football hate

apparently my noo yawk homeboy josh alan friedman doesn't like football. neither do i, but because i play music in bars in texas, where (as he notes) during football season you have to wait for "the game" to end before beginning your set, i've developed the ability to talk about sports as though i 1) know anything about 'em and 2) giveashit. it's been really interesting to me this season, watching my english major daughter get all geeked over tcu football. kind of like when the yankees and mets started signing japanese pitchers and my dad -- who took me to _one_ yankee game when i was a kid, under duress -- became a baseball fan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott E. Krakowski said...

I'm not a football fan either, and I made the conscious decision to go the opposite route.

I wonder which approach is more alienating...I've considered moving but how big a difference would it make?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Hank said...

Ha. I am so on board with this, it's not even funny. The really funny thing is when you tell people you're really 'not into sports', they keep talking about scores and players and stuff you really could, as you say, giveashit about.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home