Monday, February 02, 2009

day off

...waiting for editorial feedback on a cover story i submitted to the paper last week, so i've been dicking around with garageband, recording songs i used to sing my kids. (my middle dtr actually requested that i do this.) it's kinda fun doing monkey-level sound-on-sound, but boy, now i'm more certain than ever that i definitely should not try to sing. plus the acoustic i borrowed from andre has high action, so my hands hurt, which is really a _good_ thing -- i'm usually unmotivated to pick up a gtr when i'm hanging 'round la casa. recorded five songs today. need to re-do the one i did before i learned how to set the recording volume level, maybe do a couple or three more, edit 'em and burn 'em to cd-r's, so my kids can be as mortified by this as i am. now i'm gonna drink some wine and listen to ascension and the gunslingers to blow out my pipes before my sweetie comes home from her first day back at work and i fix her a steak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home