Tuesday, August 19, 2008

belle mead, nj, 8.19.2008

altho i'm not a beatle fan, i had the song "strawberry fields forever" stuck in my head at the airport waiting to come here. on the plane, read tobias wolff's this boy's life and slept.

it always amazes me when i come here how green new jersey is when viewed from above.

my niece picked me up at newark. she's making wrestling gear for money now, and thinking about moving to pennsylvania with her boyfriend, who's a wrestler and a good shit from ohio. her father keeps finding apartments in the local area that they "might be interested in." i can relate.

my big sis was taking her middle dtr back to school at rpi and didn't get in till past 11pm.

my mom's short-term memory is pretty much shot. she's having more trouble getting around, too. even sitting up in bed required assistance. i'll go back and see her, and my dad, today.

we ate some mexican food that was so-so. looking forward to benito's on the way home.

drank beer and watched olympics with my brother-in-law until i fell asleep in the chair. my youngest niece made up the bed for me and i went to sleep to the sound of crickets and frogs that i remember from my childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home