Saturday, June 21, 2008

kinda burnt

...on writing right now. after the up liner notes, had a few li'l things crop up until i finally had to say "no mas" and call it down for awhile. still need to finish the h.c.-riverside story, for which my sweetie started working on the pics today.

watched the savages last night. good flick about a bro 'n' sis whose dad is suffering from dementia. pert realistic in that there's no _big redemptive (and manipulative climax_, which woulda made me gag like the end of stepmom or, um, schindler's list. i'm hyper-aware that lately i've been booking a bunch of shows (not all of which are confirmable yet -- suxxx being the rock 'n' roll secretary) to keep my mind off my folks' sitch (or make myself feel more connected to life somehow). so there.

my boss is giving me my 4th of july holiday early, so i've got three days off at the end of this week for boris @ rubber gloves on friday, the stoogeband @ the chat room on my b-day, and PFFFFT! at the chat room (with special guest jeremy hull subbing for matt on bass) on sunday. plus the fort worth weekly, whose music awards showcase i'm gonna miss because i have to work tomorrow night, is running a PFFFFT! feature in next week's paper. hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home