Tuesday, May 22, 2007

felllow americans ADDENDUM

in response to my "ok city bombing obsession" comments in my fellow americans cd review on i love fort worth, head fellow american matt hickey writes:

Basically the whole Ok City/Tim McVeigh theme was done as a bit of tongue and cheek. A ploy to shock and to piss off. It didn't work. Nobody paid any attention to us, probably because we were fucking horrible and didn't know what the flip we were doing. After four years with Explosive Fertilizer, I got bored with the shtick and was ready to move on.

Big BOOM Records (which is just me! Ya, real legit) does come that period, and I kept the name because it just sounds cool to me.

Moving on into the present... there really was no preconceived notion when we came up with the cover art. Some other ideas we had for the cover was a picture of us, and a guy holding his dick in a third person perspective (funny enough, nobody really warmed up to that design). I think we were a little short on ideas when we came up with the cover. The colors looked awesome and so did the artwork. Good enough for us...

The line "shake it up and watch it all explode" is Jeff singing about popping a cork off a bottle of champagne at a party. No nods to the IRA/Hamas/(insert name of the terrorist group of your choice) here, either.

Still awake? Good. Thought maybe you would enjoy some of those anecdotes and get some "behind the scene" perspective. The only obsession I have is Guinness Extra Stout. If I'm feeling especially frivolous I may have a mandarin orange with it. Mmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home