Friday, December 01, 2006

larry harrison

today i get to go interview larry harrison and david campbell (the cats who wrote the kicks magazine article "cowtown calamity!" back in the late '80s and subsequently compiled the norton records fort worth teen scene compilation series) for the teen a go go flick. a decade or so ago, i usedta moonlight with larry at borders, and even after that, he remained my go-to guy (pre-ecommerce) when i wanted to order reishes of early brit/garage/detroit obscurities. he's also the cat who first pulled my coat to fanzine culcha, and convinced me that writing about music might be something i could do. for that, i owe him bigger than anybody this side of b.d. trail (my tarrant county college writing mentor, r.i.p.) and denise lands (my buddy robert cadwallader's english-teacher wife, who first suggested to me that after doing this for free on the internet for yrs, i might wanna see if i can make a payday doing it). much respect all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home