Monday, June 27, 2005

my 48th turn around the sun (in the manner of watt)

yeah, tomorrow marks my 48th turn around the sun
and for the first time, i feel myself slowing down
and can see my mortality as a palpable reality
(next stop: senility and death -- ha)

all that said, i'm trying to maintain
an attitude of gratitude for family and friends
and all the other goodness in my life

i want to spend the rest of my time on earth well
to be the partner my wife deserves and find
appropriate ways of relating to each of my kids
based on who they are and not who i want them to be

and, like the guy in drum line said
to learn to love the sound of the line
more than the sound of my own drum

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! Make it count, Mr. Ken.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you RAWK you old git fiddle player!!!!!!!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home