Thursday, December 23, 2004

Nervebreakers interview

I got an e-mail from Mike Haskins of the Nervebreakers tonight, with some scans of pics from a show the NBs played at Sound Warehouse on Lemmon Avenue in Dallas on July 8, 1978 (about two weeks after I arrived in town). The NBs were actually part of the reason why I moved to Texas in the first place. My drummer from college was attending electronics school in New Jersey and for some reason decided to transfer to the school's campus in Irving. He called me up and said, "You should move here. You can live for real cheap. Plus the music scene is great. I just saw the Sex Pistols. They sucked, but this Dallas band called the Nervebreakers was great." Later I got to work with Mike at Peaches at Cole and Fitzhugh in Dallas. Everybody used to kid him because he looked like Donny Osmond. He still does. Back in 2001, I did an interview with Mike and his ex-bandmates Barry Kooda and Bob Childress for the First Church of Holy Rock and Roll. If Phil Overeem (aka the Rev. Wayne Coomers) didn't take it down, it's still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home