2) "Kandy Korn" (from Mirror Man): As I wrote earlier, this was easier to hear in this extended version than the original Strictly Personal one. It's just dumbo psychedelia with a nice jam section that features descending chords in waltz time, but oozing atmosphere. "Be reborn."
3) "Click Clack" (from The Spotlight Kid): Don's version of train music.
4) "Grow Fins" (from The Spotlight Kid): When I was an NCO Academy instructor, I used to play the harp intro to this to wake up the sleepy students if I had to lecture first thing in the morning or right after lunch. It always did the trick, but somebody kept stealing my harps.
5) "Electricity" (from Safe As Milk): Country blues meets psychedelia, complete with theremin.
6) "Abba Zabba"(from Safe As Milk): Almost Chinese, huh?
7) "Peon" (from Lick My Decals Off, Baby): Pure beauty, and as the Nervebreakers' Mike Haskins says, "musical telepathy."
8) "My Head Is My Only House Unless It Rains" (from Clear Spot): Of all things, a love song.
9) "Bat Chain Puller" (from Shiny Beast): More train music. A hypnotic highlight of the shows I saw in '76.
10) "Suction Print" (from Shiny Beast): A favorite from loads of live audience tapes, the Magic Band opened with this both times I saw 'em.