Things We Like
2) Herb's pizza and "the guacamole of the gods" (my sweetie's words) at CM.
3) Fall morning run. Wanna do it again on Sunday.
4) The Pretty Things' Parachute.
5) The '64 Mingus band with Eric Dolphy and Jaki Byard. Most recent manifestation to grace my CD player: Complete Live In Amsterdam.
6) M. Ward's Post-War. Teague observes that I have a higher tolerance for singer-songwriters than he (who draws the line at Nick Drake and Willie Nelson). I like this record so much I asked Jenkins at Doc's to order me the vinyl. Mostly because it reminds me of my kids.
7) Work-related self-study. You can never have too much knowledge.
8) Mark Slouka's Essays From the Nick of Time. Every so often, I have to read something just because I dig the way the author uses language.
9) Listening to the cats tearing ass around the house, then watching them sleeping together on their leopard-print Snuggie.
10) Opening and then closing. It's almost like having a day off in the middle.