Friday, November 19, 2010

Things We Like

1) Pho from Hop (5022 E. Belknap, Haltom City). Sir Marlin Von Bungy says the place was previously called "Hope's" and when letters fell off the sign, the current owners just changed the name. They make a mighty flavorful bowl to rival my erstwhile HC fave, Pho 95.

2) Herb's pizza and "the guacamole of the gods" (my sweetie's words) at CM.

3) Fall morning run. Wanna do it again on Sunday.

4) The Pretty Things' Parachute.

5) The '64 Mingus band with Eric Dolphy and Jaki Byard. Most recent manifestation to grace my CD player: Complete Live In Amsterdam.

6) M. Ward's Post-War. Teague observes that I have a higher tolerance for singer-songwriters than he (who draws the line at Nick Drake and Willie Nelson). I like this record so much I asked Jenkins at Doc's to order me the vinyl. Mostly because it reminds me of my kids.

7) Work-related self-study. You can never have too much knowledge.

8) Mark Slouka's Essays From the Nick of Time. Every so often, I have to read something just because I dig the way the author uses language.

9) Listening to the cats tearing ass around the house, then watching them sleeping together on their leopard-print Snuggie.

10) Opening and then closing. It's almost like having a day off in the middle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Amen to #7! In my current job I'm learning about what goes into "pier moves" (moving shipping containers from a port to another location, and taking the empty ones back to said port). Who'd have ever thought I'd be doing this and -gasp- enjoying it!?

And #3 can't be beat. Just getting back into a routine after having my wisdom teeth out...

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home