Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11.17.2009 ftw ADDENDUM

had to get outside and away from this screen for awhile, so i decided to try run/walking for the first time in like a month. the knee handled it pretty well, in fact, my stride felt better than it did before the knee started hurting, although my wind still sucks. gonna see if i can set up a therapeutic massage for later in the week and see if there's anything else i can do besides the exercises andre and my sweetie's physical therapist friends suggested.

running in autumn has a lot of associations for me. when the air's cold, the smell reminds me of korea when i was stationed there (minus the smell of the ondol charcoal heaters). the colors of the leaves remind me of driving up the adirondack northway with tommy vincent on the trip to canada where we almost wound up murdering each other. just the whole feeling of the day reminds me of school days when i was a kid. there was something about having that big block of time you didn't control that made you appreciate all those other hours in a way you didn't in the summer, when your time was your own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Last night Jesse and I walked outside...
Me: [breathing deeply] Mmmmm! Smells like fall! I love it!
Jesse: [sniffs] Just someone burnin' stuff.

Ha! I adore this time of year. He's more of a summer guy.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home