Sunday, August 02, 2009


my sweetie bought me a coupla old-school composition books (_not_ "college-ruled") to take on the trip to ohio and i'm gonna use a method my middle dtr taught me for gettin' unblocked (basically sit down for 30 minutes and keep the pen moving without trying to self-edit or revise) to get offa my chest some of the stuff i've been thinking about lately, mainly about my folks' illnesses and our weird family dynamic. i haven't done anything like this since the year i got out of the service, when i journaled pretty extensively about my job search trials 'n' tribs and the stuff that led to my exit from the air force. (and i wasn't a "writer," back then, mind you.) when it was all done, i took my notebooks to the house of a guy i knew i was never gonna see again and left 'em with him. don't know what i'll wind up doing with these, but it'll give me something to do on the plane, anyhow.


Post a Comment

<< Home